Thursday, September 16, 2010

For TE

First, I have to say, this is pretty much our theme song. Just saying.

So, TE and I. Hmm.
'Spose I should start at the beginning.

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, nothing happened consequential to this story. A family was dysfunctional enough to screw up an entire universe. Mine's not there yet, but slowly getting there.

Anyway, the day I met TE. Hell, I don't really remember actually. Pretty sure it was summer/fallish. Or something. We pretty much played Mario Kart the whole time. Our moms were friends and mine had brought me down to visit them. But yeah, Mario Kart. She whooped my ass. Several times.

So, we go to visit again, I think it was November. I remember it was snowing. This is back when Lucky's was the Sunset. And there were 150 Pokemon. Remember that?

TE and I had been in the house all day and wanted to go out. The moms were going to take us to the Sunset for lunch (OMG green chili). We were outside for awhile before lunch (did I mention it was snowing?).
I should interject here that we were 8. I couldn't ride a bike. Maladroitness sucks.
TE however, was bike pro (scooters, not so much). She rode that bike EVERYWHERE. It was red with yellow and orange splatters on it. I remember it well (that happens when you chase after crap for years).

That day was the first of lots and lots and lots of falling down and nearly breaking my face running after her.
I can imagine this looked funny because I was flat-footed as a kid. And I had big feet and was gangly. I think I mentioned that.
So, from that point on, Laura and I have been planning world domination shenaniganizing. Shut up, Mo, it's a word. For about three or four years, Laura rode her bike around and my sorry butt would be running after her. Then we figured it was more fun to walk.
Let's see, we've both been knocked out (I was swinging on a tree branch and it broke, I fell in the irrigation ditch and bonked my head on a rock; we were playing volleyball at a camp once and she got smacked clean in the face-she got a concussion), we've both technically run from the cops (our one town cop and my step-dad actually-they both drove past us as we were walking home when we knew they were looking for us), I could go on and on. We've been in fights (quite a number actually-that or I'm breaking up her fights) done pretty much everything. We sing like a couple of druggies with helium sometimes just because we can...SO MUCH STUFF!!
Anyway, just wanted to write about My Ebstie, who's pretty much the other half of my life.
Damn. My MP3 is done charging. I have to go study now....

Tata!
P7

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWW EBSTIE! I Wuv you (: and misssseseses you very much so.. This fuckin made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids @ the sunset. Just one more reason I know I don't teach in Kansas with Toto and Dorothy. O.o

    ReplyDelete