Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"And this scar is from, which I did again two years later and got this!"

Today's post is about sports.

In high school, I played soccer, basketball, volleyball, ran track, and was the mascot for two years.

I should probably mention now that I am and always have been, a clumsy little shit. Maladroit is my middle name.

The first year I did any kind of sports whatsoever was third grade. This is relative. 
So, I was a tall, gangly kid. Massively annoying when you want to play in the monkey dome and you are too farsnarking tall.
Ergo, I got a lot of injuries. I had tons of fun and was almost always in a brace or bandage from freshman year on. Also, being as big as I am, I hurt other people too. Not intentionally, but it still happened.
Like this:


So, yeah, they called me beast for a reason. That and I'm having WAY too much fun making these. My favorite injury happened my senior yeah during volleyball season.
I have to insert here that I'm vicious and dedicated. Fiercely dedicated. I see it as I just like playing-hell, I loved it. My coach once said she wished she had five more with my heart. Have I mentioned I don't handle compliments well? Yeah, everytime she said that I tried to blow it off as "I just like playing! That and telling bruise/scar stories is funny." And Nan would roll her eyes at me. Also, I've known Nan since I was eight. She knows I'm clumsy. She enjoys every minute of it. She's like our other mom. Anyway, practice one day:


So, yeah, first time I ever actually HAVE to go to a doctor for something sports related and it's a TOOTH.
Anyway, I looked goofy for a day and a half and wouldn't talk to anybody. But mostly just wanted to play with shapes on Powerpoint. Might post later about TE and how she's a jerkfaced piece of jerk jerky my bestestestest friend evar.
Tata!
P7

2 comments: