Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Start wearing purple, wearing purple....

Not sure why I quoted that song. My ex used to sing it. Huh.

Anyway, today's post is about Spirit Day.
Today is Spirit Day, which is a day to remember all the kids who have committed suicide recently because they were being bullied on account of their sexual orientation.

Lord, how that disgusts me!!!
To think that people have felt so down, so alone, so awful, so abused, that they thought death was the only way out....
To think that OTHER PEOPLE are responsible for this.

Here's an article.

So, first of all, pretty sure I've mentioned that a LOT of what society seems to find "inappropriate" I don't see anything wrong with. That's who a person is, it's who they are, and I accept them for that.
That kinda sounds like I don't have morals. Pfft.

Anyway, some of my best friends are gay, lesbian, or bisexual. It's hey, whatever. I mean, to me, it doesn't change how I think about a person. I'm not going to poke fun at them, not be friends with them, harass them, make them try to be different, what have you, It's part of who that person is. It's like if someone tried to change that I'm gravitationally challenged. Not going to work-it's part of who I am.


But I am plan flat out DISGUSTED at this.
That just because a person is different from someone else, they are made fun of, harassed, abused. What's the reasoning in that? It doesn't make you look better as a person, for one, it hurts others, for two, and for three, how is their lifestyle hurting you? I mean REALLY??

I just...urgh. It's so frustrating that this even happens. It's infuriating. I HATE seeing my friends messed with in the first place, but specifically their orientation upsets me. How is that any different for making fun of someone because they are smart, or wear glasses, or have green eyes, or have red hair, or can't afford to wear freakin' Nike or shop at Hollister all the time??!?

Can you tell this upsets me?

This is a big contributor to my lack of faith in people as a whole.

AAAARRAAAGH!!

So, today, I'm wearing purple to remember those who thought they had nowhere else to turn. I'm wearing purple to support my friends.
I'm wearing purple to show that I'm actually human.

No comments:

Post a Comment